Lemon Pepper Croutons
These lemon pepper croutons made with sourdough bread, olive oil, and lemon pepper seasoning add a delicious crunch to blended soups and salads. They're tasty, crunchy, simple to make, and you only need five ingredients!
Once you make your own croutons, there's no going back. They're simple to make with just a few ingredients, and taste so much better than store-bought.
These little lemon pepper croutons are perfectly crunchy and full of bright flavors. They're a tasty addition to green salads, caesar salads, and blended vegetable soups. We sometimes just like to snack on them, too!
We use our homemade lemon pepper seasoning, but you can use your own blend. Our blend has garlic and salt but if the blend you are using does not, add the salt and garlic listed in this recipe. If your lemon pepper seasoning has both then omit them.
Here's what you'll need to make these lemon pepper croutons:
- Sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning – we use our homemade lemon pepper seasoning
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
How to make lemon pepper croutons
These crunchy little croutons are easy to make by following a few simple steps:
- Start by preparing your baking sheet with parchment paper while your oven preheats. Cube the bread and place it in a bowl.
- Toss the bread cubes in oil, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and garlic powder. Use your hands to mix it all together and then spread them out on your prepared baking sheet with lemon slices.
- Bake for about 15 minutes then use tongs to squeeze lemons over croutons. Return the croutons to the oven and bake until golden and crispy. That's it!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
How to serve lemon pepper croutons
More Lemon Pepper Recipes
Tasty crouton recipes
Lemon Pepper Croutons
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- ⅓ loaf unsliced sourdough
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and garlic powder, see notes
- 2 slices of lemon
- Preheat your oven to 35 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the bread into small cubes and place them into a bowl. You'll want 4 cups of bread cubes.⅓ loaf unsliced sourdough
- Add the oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and (if using) salt and garlic powder to the bread cubes. Use your hands to mix them well then spread them out on the baking tray. Add the slices of lemon to the tray.4 tablespoons olive oil, 4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning, ¼ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and garlic powder, 2 slices of lemon
- Bake the croutons for 15 minutes then remove the tray from the oven. Use tongs to squeeze the lemons over the croutons (some of the lemon pulp will come out – this is a good thing!) then mix them around well. Return them to the oven to bake for another 15-20 minutes, until they are golden and crispy.