Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos with Gold Kiwifruit Salsa
These healthy and delicious Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos are topped with gold kiwifruit salsa and served with a side of sweet coconut plantains. Fire up your BBQ and get outside for dinner.
You guys … these tacos! These kiwis! These long lost, star-crossed lovers! Holy exclamation mark overkill … betcha couldn't tell I'm excited about these?
I hate to state the obvious, but tacos are basically the best food group ever. In my mind, they've carved out a place of their own on the whole food group triangle thing-y. You with me? They're basically a super delicious catch-all for every meal you've ever wanted to re-create into something new.
Want to eat jerk chicken and make it fun, new, and exciting? Make jerk chicken tacos! Want to eat sweet and delicious kiwifruit? Make a kiwifruit salsa and put it on your jerk chicken tacos! For reals, yo.
Do you see that? ☝️☝️☝️
THAT is what's going to go inside your jerk chicken tacos. It's basically the best chicken EVER. No lie. All you have to do is whizz a few jerk ingredients around in your blender, pour it into a bag with some chicken thighs so they can marinate, then grill them for 15 minutes. Easy. Healthy. Delicious. Amazing.
On top of the chicken, you're going to pile on high some easy to make and crazy tasty SunGold Kiwifruit salsa.
Wait … GOLD kiwifruit? Yep, you read that right.
SunGold Kiwifruits are rockin' my world right now. They're like green kiwis only even more awesome.
What makes SunGold Kiwifruit so awesome?
- They're GOLD. So seriously cool.
- They taste like a strawberry and a mango made sweet sweet love.
- They're even sweeter than a regular kiwi if you can believe that.
- They're full of healthy vitamin C, E, potassium, and fiber.
- Pretty. Delicious. Easy to eat. Awesome. What more could you ask for?
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Taco Recipes:
- Best Pork Carnitas Tacos
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos
- Chipotle Pulled Pork Tacos
- Baja Fish Tacos, Southern Slaw, and Aji Guacamole
- Crock Pot Pork Tacos
Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos with Kiwi Salsa
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
The Jerk Chicken
- ½ yellow onion
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons each: oil and soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon each: black pepper, allspice, oregano, and thyme
- ½ teaspoon each: cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
The Kiwi Salsa
- 3 SunGold Kiwifruits, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- A pinch of sea salt
The Coconut Plantains
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ripe brown plantain
- Optional: 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed in your oven for a few minutes
- Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, limes, cilantro, and jalapeños
- Place all the jerk chicken ingredients EXCEPT the chicken into your blender. Blend on high until smooth. Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Squish the bag around a little so that each of the chicken thighs are coated. Place in your fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.½ yellow onion, Juice from 2 limes, 2 tablespoons each: oil and soy sauce, 1 teaspoon each: black pepper, allspice, oregano, and thyme, ½ teaspoon each: cinnamon and nutmeg, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 4 cloves garlic, 1 jalapeño pepper, 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the rest of dinner. Make the SunGold Kiwifruit salsa by mixing together all of the salsa ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.3 SunGold Kiwifruits, ¼ cup diced red onion, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, A pinch of sea salt
- Slice the plantain into ½ inch thick rounds. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. If you're using the sugar, toss the plantains in the sugar. Add the plantains to the frying pan and fry, turning once, until they are soft and caramelized.1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 ripe brown plantain, Optional: 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill, turning a few times, until the chicken begins to char and is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve the Jerk Chicken Tacos filled with chicken, topped with the salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, and the caramelized plantains, limes, cilantro and jalapeños on the side.8 corn tortillas, Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, limes, cilantro, and jalapeños