This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This healthy green goddess dressing recipe is a creamy and delicious version of a classic dressing. It's made without dairy or mayonnaise and we think this healthy version is far better tasting than the original!
We've tweaked our favorite green goddess dressing. It has fewer ingredients, is easier to make, but is every bit as delicious.
Why we love this healthy green goddess dressing
- It's creamy without using any mayonnaise or dairy.
- The flavor is highly addictive. More than once we've eaten it by the spoonful.
- The shorter ingredient list means you're pulling less out of your fridge and pantry. Give it up for less work!
- There is no sugar (or honey or maple syrup) in this recipe. Because why add something if it's not really needed.
- The color is the most incredible bright green.
- It's super versatile. While it's obviously great on salads, we also love it as a chicken marinade, with potatoes or rice, or as a dip for veggies.
What is green goddess dressing
Green goddess salad dressing was first served at San Francisco's Palace Hotel in 1923. The original version is mostly mayonnaise and sour cream that was made green with a little parsley and flavored with anchovies. While it's delicious, we love our healthier version.
Healthy Green Goddess Dressing Ingredients
Healthy green goddess dressing is made with:
- Lots of parsley – a superfood that gives this salad dressing its bright green color
- Olive oil – a heart-healthy fat
- Nutritional yeast – adds richness as well as loads of B vitamins
- Vinegar, miso, tahini, green onion, and garlic – umami flavors used instead of the traditional anchovies
Is this healthy green goddess dressing vegan?
Yes! This is a 100% plant-based vegan salad dressing.
How to serve green goddess dressing
We like this green dressing best on a salad made with crispy lettuce (think romaine, butter, or iceberg lettuce) with lots of veggies. If you're serving it on baby greens or arugula, be careful not to add too much dressing as it can weigh down the delicate leaves.
But this recipe is good for more than just salad! It's the chicken marinade that we use in our Green Goddess Chicken recipe.
It's also delicious served spooned over salmon, mixed into rice, or used as a dip for roast potatoes. No matter how you serve it, it will add a ton of delicious flavor to your meal!
Subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Best Creamy Salad Dressing Recipes
- Avocado Pesto Salad Dressing
- Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
- Creamy Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
- Creamy Lime Chipotle Dressing
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Place the ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth.1 cup fresh parsley, 1 green onion, ⅓ cup olive oil, ¼ cup nutritional yeast, ¼ cup water, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablspoons miso paste, 1 small garlic clove
- Store in a jar in your fridge for up to 1 week.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.