Pan-Fried Green Onion and Sweet Potato Fritters
These Pan-Fried Green Onion and Sweet Potato Fritters are easy to make and crazy delicious! They are topped with a lemon garlic yogurt sauce and actually healthy for you. You will LOVE them!
I'd write a string of hearts all the way across the page to express how much I love these sweet potato fritters, but I'm afraid that will make you think a 6th grader is writing this post. I'll rein myself in with the love via emojis, but I have to tell you I'm big-time crushing over this recipe.
Each of these little sweet potato fritters is crispy on the outside and soft inside, so you get the best of both worlds. I love getting everything I want all at once! Who doesn't though? They are a tiny bit sweet, as sweet potatoes are, but the onion and cheddar mellow that out so the fritters are more savory than you'd think they'd be. They're delicious on their own, but the lemony yogurt on top adds a tanginess that I totally love.
Want to know the second best thing about these sweet potato fritters? They're super quick and easy to make, AND they're healthy. Ok, that was three other awesome things, but I'm lumping them all together.
When I eat food that is healthy AND delicious, I get pretty excited about it. It's that whole best-of-both-worlds thing we were just talking about. Yes, you can have it all. Fist bump!?
Sweet potatoes are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They're also a healthy carbohydrate and will help control blood sugar levels.
I love these sweet potato fritters cause they're crazy delicious, but the fact that they're healthy too is a huge bonus.
Go ahead, eat up!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Sweet Potato Side Dish Recipes
- Skinny Sweet Potato Harissa Fries with Harissa Mayo
- Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Ribbon Casserole
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese Yogurt
- Herb and Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Pomegranate
Green Onion and Sweet Potato Fritters
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, about 1 lb
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, plus a few extra for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Oil, for frying (see notes)
The lemon yogurt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh is best
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- Peel the sweet potatoes then grate them using the large holes on your cheese grater. Put them in a large bowl and add the cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.2 medium sweet potatoes, 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese, ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Whisk the eggs with sea salt and pepper and add them to the bowl with the sweet potatoes. Mix everything together well.2 large eggs, ½ teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add a splash of oil. Take a handful of the sweet potatoes and form it into a fritter – don't worry if it doesn't stick together well. Working in batches, and adding more oil to the pan between batches, fry the fritters in the hot pan for 3-4 minutes per side. Press the tops of the fritters down gently, so they stick together better and adjust the heat if they start to get too brown. Set the cooked patties on a baking sheet in your oven with your oven on to its lowest setting to keep them warm while you pan-fry the rest.
- While the sweet potato fritters are cooking, prepare the lemon yogurt. In a small bowl mix the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic.½ cup plain Greek yogurt, Zest from 1 lemon, 1 small garlic clove, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Serve the sweet potato fritters with the lemon yogurt and some sliced green onions over top.