This Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna is not only easy to make it's also ridiculously delicious. Layer everything in your skillet, pour yourself a glass of wine, then walk away until dinner finishes making itself.
It's confession time …
I could eat this vegetarian skillet lasagna every. single. day. It's everything you want lasagna to be (read: a rich, cheesy hug on a plate) but so easy to make. You basically layer everything into your skillet then pour yourself a glass of wine and chillax while dinner finishes making itself.
Vegetarian skillet lasagna is where it's at, yo.
I've been a bit obsessed with quick and easy dinners lately. The course that I've been creating for the past few months (you can learn more about #OhMyBlog here, if you'd like) finally launched last week. High fives all around! There were some serious happy dancing moves going on around here when that happened.?
Normally, there would have been some serious negroni cheers-ing, but that will have to wait till this giant belly of mine goes away in June. (And NO, my giant belly isn't from eating vegetarian skillet lasagna every day. 🙂 )
Anyway, it's been so bananas busy around here lately that quick and easy dinners have saved. my. life. That and the fact that my handsome man is crazy super awesome and has taken over 90% of the cooking these days. He's seriously the best. #luckylady
See all that gooey, melty and in some parts crispy cheese? Oh baby, she's a makin' my heart a beat. It's pretty rare you'll find me sharing cheesy, carb-y recipes here on TEM, and looking at these pictures I can't think of one reason why that is?
I think you may be seeing more PASTAAAA popping up around here.
I love (love love) serving this vegetarian skillet lasagna topped with an easy to make kale olive pesto. If you're not a fan of olives, or prefer something a little more traditional, you can always opt for a basil pesto instead.
Or you can get all crazyyy and swap the kale for arugula, spinach or even parsley. Go wild, girl!
If you make this Easy Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna with Kale Olive Pesto make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 1 - 28-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 8 lasagna sheets
- ½ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 1 mozzarella ball (or sub ½ cup grated pizza mozzarella)
- 1 cup kale
- ¼ cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it is brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the can of tomatoes, honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic and ½ cup of water to the skillet and stir. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Break the lasagna sheets into thirds. Push the sheets into the sauce (this part gets a little messy!) to create roughly three layers. Don't worry about it being perfect. Top the ricotta and then the parmesan. Cover the skillet loosely with foil and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the lasagna cook until the noodles are soft, about 25-30 minutes. Break the mozzarella into pieces and scatter them over the top of the lasagna. Let the mozzarella melt for a few minutes.
- Optional: place the lasagna on a baking sheet and broil it for a few minutes so the mozzarella browns a little.
- Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before you serve it.
- Meanwhile, prepare the kale olive pesto. Place all the pesto ingredients, except the walnuts, into a small food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Stir through the walnuts.
- Serve the Easy Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna with the pesto on top.