Cotton Candy Champagne
This cotton candy champagne is bubbly, sweet, and perfect for parties! It's sparkling wine served in a sprinkle-rimmed glass, then topped with a cloud of cotton candy. It'll take your party to the next level, and it's ready in minutes!
For more champagne cocktails with a twist, try our Christmas mimosa or strawberry mimosa.
Table of contents
This sweet champagne cocktail is sparkling wine all dressed up! It's a fun and playful drink for any occasion, but it's perfect for special celebrations like New Year's Eve, birthdays, or weddings.
Even though it looks fancy, it's so easy to make. First, find some festive sprinkles. Dip the rim of your glasses in a bit of warm honey, then in the sprinkles (you can actually do this step up to a day in advance). Then carefully pour in some champagne, top each glass with a bit of cotton candy, and serve!
For a no-alcohol (and kid-friendly) version, swap the wine for sparkling apple juice. It's a sweet drink with a bit of whimsy that will delight guests of all ages!
Cotton candy champagne ingredients
With just a few ingredients, you can make these cotton candy champagne cocktails, too! Here's what you'll need:
- Honey – honey on the rim of the glass helps the sprinkles stick.
- Festive sprinkles – we used gold sprinkles similar to these ones, but have fun choosing any that you love! Even add some edible glitter to the cotton candy for a little extra sparkle.
- Sparkling wine – any kind of sparkling wine like cava or prosecco works for this drink. If you want to go all-out, regular champagne is a nice choice, and rosé sparkling wine will give it a pretty pink color. To make it without alcohol, use sparkling juice or dealcoholized sparkling wine.
- Cotton candy – any color of cotton candy works. Just be sure to keep the bag sealed until you're ready to use it because it dries out quickly.
How to make cotton candy champagne
Champagne with cotton candy makes any occasion more fun. It's also so simple that we can barely call it a recipe! Here's how we make it in a few easy steps:
- Warm a bit of honey in a wide shallow bowl. Place the sprinkles in another shallow bowl. Dip the rim of each glass in the honey, followed by the sprinkles.
- Carefully pour in the sparkling wine and top each glass with a piece of cotton candy. You want to balance it on top of the glasses so it doesn't touch the champagne. A cocktail pick can help keep it in place.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Where to buy cotton candy
Depending on where you live, it may be tricky to find cotton candy. You can sometimes find it at big box stores or grocery stores in the candy section. We've also found cotton candy here and at other independent online retailers. If you ask around in your community, you may even find someone who owns a cotton candy machine and it's really easy to make!
Agave syrup makes a good vegan alternative to honey.
Definitely! To save time, you can rim the glasses with sprinkles up to a day in advance.
We use coupe glasses but champagne flutes work really well, too.
When to serve cotton candy champagne
This cotton candy champagne is the ultimate party drink for baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, girl's nights, and special celebrations of all kinds. It's such a pretty sip and will make any party more memorable!
Have fun with the colors to match your theme, and watch the smiles spread on everyone's faces as they enjoy this special treat!
More champagne cocktails
Cotton Candy Champagne
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons festive sprinkles
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, see notes
- Cotton candy, any color
- Put the honey into a small bowl that's slightly wider than your glasses. Warm it gently in the microwave so that it is very runny. Put the sprinkles into another small bowl. Dip the rim of a glass into the honey then into the sprinkles. Repeat with all the glasses you plan on using.1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons festive sprinkles
- Carefully fill each champagne glass ⅔ full with sparkling wine. Balance a piece of cotton candy on the rim of each glass, using a cocktail pick to help keep it in place if needed. Do not let the cotton candy touch the champagne or it will dissolve.
I’m always ready for a delicious drink! Can’t wait to make it this weekend!
This cotton candy champagne was a fun and unique way to ring in the New Year. What a wonderful treat!
Such a fun new years drink, will be serving tonight!
This cotton candy champagne cocktail is truly the most impressive and gorgeous drink!
Absolutely beautiful! I can’t wait to make this again tonight to bring in the new year.