Chipotle Sea Salt
Hello. My name is Kristen, and I am an addict. I can't seem to get enough of the good stuff. When I have some, it makes me want more. I put it on everything, mix it in everything and even have it straight from the bottle.
I am a chipotle addict.
I mix it in guacamole and eat it with chipotle crackers; I spoon it into tacos and stir it into chilies. At a dinner party recently I coated a piece of dark chocolate in maple butter and sprinkled it with chipotle sea salt. I knew I had to do this again. Soon.
The craving hit me long before I had the opportunity to shop for a jar. I had to have it Right Now. I won't ever be caught empty handed again.
This spicy and smoky chipotle sea salt is equally delicious served with savoury dishes such as chicken or fish or sprinkled on sweet desserts such as chocolate, pudding or pot de creme.
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt (I used a French grey sea salt, but any coarse salt will do)
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce from a jar of canned chipotles
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees.
- Mix the salt and chipotle sauce until well combined. Spread it out evenly on a small baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the salt occasionally until it is cool.
- Once it is cool enough to handle, use your fingers to break apart any large chunks
- The salt will keep indefinitely stored in a cool, dry place