Is there anything better than sitting down to eat a delicious meal only 25 minutes after you started making it?
Ok yes, yes there are better things. (beach days, winning the lottery, lazy Sunday mornings. to name a few) On a scale of 1-10 in awesomeness, I'd say serving a beautiful, healthy and oh so tasty meal, that took you no time at all to make, is pretty close to the top.
When Better Homes and Gardens invited me to write a guest post for their blog Delish Dish I jumped at the chance. I mean, they're kinda a big deal, right?
They wanted me to pick one of their recipes and put my own spin on it. I knew I wanted to share a simple dinner recipe that was both healthy and full of flavour.
This Chimichurri Chicken recipe blew me away with how delicious it is. I was told, between grunts and finger licking, that this was the best chicken my handsome man has ever eaten. I know “The Best” is quite a statement, and one he uses fairly often, but I'll take the compliment. It was damn good chicken.
Stop by Better Homes and Gardens blog, Delish Dish, to see the my full post on this Chimichurri Chicken and for the link to the original recipe!Print
This delicious chimichurri chicken recipe with charred broccolini takes only 25 minutes to make and is so tasty. It's also paleo and gluten-free, too!
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- Optional: 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 bone-in chicken legs (with or without skin, your choice)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 handfuls of broccolini
- 1 teaspoon neutral flavoured oil
- Lemon wedges and chili flakes, for garnish
For the chimichurri:
- 3/4 cup parsley (Italian and curly both work well)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: a splash of water to thin
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-low.
- In a small bowl mix together the sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, paprika and optional cayenne. Sprinkle this over both sides of the chicken legs. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil over the top side (skin side) of each chicken leg.
- Place the chicken legs on the BBQ skin side up and let them cook for 15 minutes. Flip them over and let them cook for another 5 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the broccolini in a bowl and toss it with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle a generous pinch of sea salt over top and toss them well. Put them on the BBQ once the chicken has been on for 10 minutes. Flip them once then remove them when the chicken is ready. The florets should be quite crispy and even look a little burnt in spots.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the chimichurri. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until mostly smooth.
- To serve: divide the chicken and broccolini between 2 plates and spoon the chimichurri sauce over the chicken. Serve with lemon wedges on the side and a little sprinkle of chili flakes over top.