Birthday Cake Ice Cream
This birthday cake ice cream is as sweet, delicious and girly as you would expect it to be. You can decorate the cones in sprinkles for a little extra fun!
This ice cream tastes like a birthday party. It has youth written all over it. I might be too old to eat this ice cream, but I don't care. In August, I'm making it for my birthday.
I might make it sooner and pretend it's my birthday.
This birthday cake ice cream tastes like cake batter; frozen, creamy, insanely delicious cake batter. It demands sparklers and sprinkles and laughter. Make it for your 6-year-old daughter's birthday and serve it with pink frosted cupcakes.
The recipe is a bit strange, as far as ice cream recipes go. I adapted it from a pineapple ice cream I made out of Jeni Britton Bauer's Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home. Her ice cream method involves using some unusual (in ice cream) ingredients like corn starch and cream cheese, but it makes the creamiest ice cream EVER. Trust me.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- A pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups white cake mix
- Optional: sprinkles
- In a small bowl mix two tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch and set aside.2 cups whole milk, 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add the remaining milk, cream, sugar, and sea salt. Bring it to a boil then add the cream cheese. Stir it until the cream cheese has fully melted, about 4 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and let it boil for 1 minute.1 ¼ cups heavy cream, ⅓ cup sugar, A pinch sea salt, 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the white cake mix then refrigerate until completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.1 ½ cups white cake mix
- Process the ice cream according to your ice cream maker manufacturer's instructions. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!Optional: sprinkles
I made this for my daughter’s 6th birthday and she loved it! It’s so fun and girly and tasty too. Thanks for helping me make her birthday a success!
What do you mean by “Process according to manufacturers instructions.” ???
Sorry it wasn’t completely clear. What I meant was to follow the instructions given with your ice cream maker. With mine I just plug it in and let it run for about 25 minutes. Yours may be different though so make sure to read and follow the instructions for your specific ice cream maker ?
omg i absolutely dig cake batter ice cream. never thought to make it with cake mix! thanks for this recipe 🙂
No problem at all!!
I think birthday cake ice cream finished with sparkles brings the kid out of all of us! Your photos make me smile; they’re so happy. 🙂
Thank you so much!! Your comment made me smile 🙂