This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This bacon jam pizza is rich and full of bold bacon flavor. We use our salty-sweet homemade bacon jam, layer it with mozzarella and brie cheese, then bake it until golden. It's easy to make with only 4 ingredients, and it's ready in just 25 minutes!
Now here's a pizza for bacon lovers! With just four ingredients, it might be simple to make, but it's far from boring.
We take our delicious homemade bacon jam, layer it onto a pizza crust with some mozzarella and brie cheese, then pop it in the oven until the cheese bubbles and turns golden brown.
It's definitely a rich-tasting pizza so we tend to serve it with a salad to balance things out. It's also a crowd-pleasing appetizer for gatherings or pre-game snacks!
What is bacon jam?
Bacon jam, also sometimes called bacon marmalade, is a savory-sweet condiment made with onions, bacon, brown sugar, and coffee. The ingredients are slowly simmered until they become a jam-like consistency.
It can be used in the same way as jam, served with cheese and crackers, slathered onto burgers or grilled cheese, or on pizza for lots of bold bacon flavor.
Bacon jam pizza ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make this rich and delicious bacon jam pizza:
- Pizza crust – use your favorite pizza crust or try our homemade pizza dough recipe, or gluten-free if needed.
- Mozzarella – for that classic cheesy goodness.
- Bacon jam – we use our homemade bacon jam in this recipe. It takes about an hour to make and is well worth the effort!
- Brie – for a rich, earthy flavor that balances out the sweetness of the bacon jam.
How to make this bacon jam pizza
It's easy to make pizza with bacon jam by following a few simple steps:
- Start by preheating your oven, and form the pizza dough into a round crust on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on the mozzarella first, then spread the bacon jam on top.
- Next, layer on the slices of brie cheese. We like to arrange them so that each piece of pizza gets one slice of cheese.
- Pop it in the oven until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Let the pizza rest for a few minutes before slicing it into pieces. Dig in!
Can I use store-bought bacon jam?
Yes, definitely. While we love our bacon jam recipe, you can save yourself some time by picking up a jar from your local specialty food store.
How long do leftovers keep in the fridge?
Store any leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
What to serve with bacon jam pizza
To balance out the richness of this pizza, serve it with a simple salad or vegetable side dish like our asparagus salad with balsamic glaze, roasted brussels sprouts caesar salad, or kale apple salad.
- 1 medium pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup bacon jam (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 ounces brie cheese (sliced)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Form the pizza dough into a round crust on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top then spread the bacon jam on top.1 medium pizza crust, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 1 cup bacon jam
- Place the slices of brie cheese on top of the bacon jam, arranging them so that each slice of pizza will have one piece of brie cheese.3 ounces brie cheese
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing it into 8 pieces.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.