How is it possible that it has been a week already? A whole week! I hope you didn’t think I had abandoned you. The thing is, I’ve been really crazy busy with amazing projects around here. This weekend I catered an event for 75 (75!) at the Douglas Reynolds Gallery. Aside from a million, ok not quite a million, hours of cooking and prepping for that, I also had a lot of fun. I’m also super thankful to have great friends like Adam who offered to help out with some cooking for 2 days. Cooking is a lot more fun with a friend, some good tunes and a glass of wine.
This week has all been about The Endless Meal Supper Club. There’s been three days in a row of wicked awesome peeps coming over for dinner. I’ve been hosting events called Social Summer Dinners and they’re a ton of fun. Hopefully you can join one of the next ones! In between all this cooking for other people I really haven’t been cooing much for myself. Doesn’t matter, simple is often better. These summer ripe tomatoes need only a quick sauté and a little salt; they are sweet, juicy and taste of summer. Use a fork for this sandwich, you’ll need it!
If you make Tomato Avocado Toast with Shaved Parmesan make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- Cherry tomatoes, a few handfuls per sandwich
- Half an avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- Parmesan, shaved
- Olive oil
- Brush a little olive oil on both sides of the bread. Grill on your BBQ for about 4 minutes, or until there are grill marks and the bread has toasted. Flip and do the same for the other side.
- Saute tomatoes in a little olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for 3 minutes. As soon as the tomatoes soften remove from heat and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Spread the avocado on the bread, top with tomatoes and shaved parmesan.
- Grab your fork and dig in!