If you haven't had a roasted broccoli salad before can you please promise me you'll make this one tonight?
Thanks, guys. I promise you that you won't regret it.
This thing on the plate here is what happens when broccoli salad, broccoli slaw and crispy roasted broccoli all come together for a sexy menage et trois. I've thrown some crispy almonds, sweet cranberries and tart little lemons slices in the mix just for some extra delicious fun times.
With each bite you take you'll get a little bit of crunchiness, crispiness, sweetness and tanginess. What more could you possibly as for? 🙂
I need to talk to you about the little lemon slices that are in here. They're so tiny that you might not think they would be of much use, but they're my favourite part. Every time one finds its way onto your fork your mouth will explode with the most beautiful fresh lemony taste. They make the salad.
Or I should say, I think they make the salad. The second time I was scooping a big pile onto my handsome man's plate he asked to not give him so much lemon, and I was like, “What the #!*%?” I didn't understand (still don't understand) why they're not his thing. Like I mentioned before, I LOVE them.
So here's the thing, I want to know your opinion. What do you think of the lemon slices in here?
If you make this Roasted Broccoli Salad make sure you snap a pic with your phone and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram, so I can like and comment on them!
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 very thin slices of lemon, each cut into 8 tiny triangles - whatever you change about this recipe make sure you don't leave out the lemon slices. They're the best part!
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 4 teaspoons honey (or sub maple syrup for vegan)
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to broil at 420 degrees. Place the rack on the top shelf. Note: if you cannot control the temperature your oven broils at, place the rack on a lower shelf and keep a closer eye on the broccoli. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the broccoli, making sure to include the sweet broccoli stems. You should have around 9 cups. Place 2 cups of the broccoli in a large bowl and the rest on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the broccoli on the baking sheet with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Mix it around so that all the broccoli is coated with oil. Pop it in your oven and let it roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the florets are dark brown. Remove them from the oven and put them in the bowl with the raw broccoli.
- Put the almonds in a small baking dish and roast them in the oven along with the broccoli until they are fragrant and light brown, about 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven and roughly chop them once they are cool enough to handle. Add the chopped almonds, cranberries, dill and lemon slices to the bowl with the broccoli.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour it over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or let it stand for up to 20 minutes.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry (vegan dal makhani) - February 24, 2017
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017