Don’t be fooled by these Paleo Breakfast Muffins. Even though they’re grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free, they are 100% delicious. And you definitely don’t have to be paleo to fall in love with these babies. If you love a good breakfast muffin, you will love these.
Friends, meet my newest obsession: Paleo Breakfast Muffins. Oh my muffin, these babies are addictive. Once you make them, you’ll never again want to wake up without knowing there is a batch waiting for you on the counter.
When my handsome man took his first bite, his eyes went wide and he said with a muffled muffin filled mouth, “This is the best muffin I’ve ever tried.” Happy dance. Fist pump. Win!
You guys, these paleo breakfast muffins are HEALTHY. It’s crazy, I know. Who would have ever thought that a healthy muffin would be so freaking incredible?
Honestly, if you told me you had a recipe for a grain-free, dairy-free, SUGAR-FREE, gluten-free muffin I would have turned my nose up and made a face that begged you not to share it with me. I couldn’t imagine how a muffin made without all the things that make muffins taste good could still, you know, taste good. #BlowingMyMind
It was my sister (Hi, Lyndz!) who convinced me to give these babies a go. She had posted a link to a recipe from Thank Your Body to her Facebook page and I was all like, “Ya, I don’t know about these.” I’m not normally so skeptical, but I couldn’t see how these could be all that good.
Oh, silly silly me. The bananas give the muffins all the natural sweetness they need, the almond flour and coconut gives them a hearty feel while the eggs give them a ton of moisture.
Let’s give it up for healthy paleo breakfast muffins.?
Thanks for insisting I make these, sista!
If you make these Coconut Almond Paleo Breakfast Muffins make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour (almond meal)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon each: ground allspice, ginger, cloves, and sea salt
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup each: chopped toasted walnuts, raisins, and paleo chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Melt the coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat. Note: if your walnuts are not already toasted, pop them in your oven and toast them while your oven is heating up.
- In a large bowl, add the melted coconut oil, mashed bananas, eggs, almond flour, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, ginger, cloves, and sea salt and beat with an electric beater until combined. Stir in the coconut, walnuts, raisins and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cupcake liner to the very top. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the tin then transfer them to a cooling sheet to finish cooling.