Oven Baked Sharp Cheese Bread Bites
I made them in my late teens or early twenties but in greedy haste I didn't take the time to freeze them properly between batches. They were good, but not like I remembered. I've developed a little more patience since then and followed the recipe exactly. These were as I remembered, only there were so many of them that I was left feeling a little ill. While I may have picked up some patience along the way, I haven't given up gluttony.
These crazy delicious cheese bread bites are coated in Imperial cheese and butter and baked until they are crispy and uber cheesy. You will LOVE them!
- 1 loaf unsliced white bread
- 1 cup butter
- 1 container of Imperial Sharp Cheese
- To assemble:
- Carefully cut the crust off of bread. Gently slice bread into thick (two-bite sized) squares
- Arrange in a single layer on a plate and freeze in freezer for 1 hour
- Cream together butter and sharp cheese
- Remove bread from the freezer and spread a thin layer of the butter mixture on all sides of the bread cubes. Return to freezer for 15 minutes
- Remove bread again from freezer and spread a second layer of the butter mixture on all sides.
- Return to freezer and freeze at least 1 hour or overnight. Once frozen they can be stored in a Ziploc bag in your freezer
- To Bake:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are starting to turn brown.
- Serve immediately.