Sweet Potato Noodles with Sriracha Cilantro Cashew ‘Cream’ Sauce
These Sweet Potato Noodles are covered in a cashew-based cream sauce and make a quick, easy, and delicious vegan meal. It's the perfect, healthy weeknight dinner. You will LOVE it!
I'd like to introduce you to my latest obsession: sweet potato noodles. Have you had them before? Do you think they're awesome? Do you think they seem weird?
I'm with you on them seeming weird part; sweet potatoes parading themselves around like a bunch of long twirly noodles is weird.
The truth is they're kickass awesome and make the ideal base for healthy and filling Meatless Monday dinners. If you haven't had them before, I think you'll be surprised at how noodle-y and un-sweet potato-y they are.
When I served them to my handsome man, he had a look of utter surprise for the first 5 minutes of dinner. Apparently, he was on team WTF Sweet Potatoes Seem Weird. Two servings, and plenty of compliments later, I think it's fairly safe to say he's a convert.
We need to talk about his sauce for a minute. See that pretty, light green cream sauce that my handsome man's daughter (Hi Kaitlin!) helped pour over the noodles? That sauce there is 100% dairy-free, vegan, plant-based deliciousness.
And no, you don't have to be vegan to love this sauce.
It's made from a base of cashews which gives it the consistency of a creamy, dairy-based cream sauce. I've added some Sriracha and cilantro and a couple of other ingredients to give it a slightly Asian taste to it. It's also the easiest thing in the world to make; all you have to do is throw the few ingredients into the blender, give it a whirl, and you've made yourself a super healthy, packed full of filling protein, vegan cashew cream sauce. Nicely done!
I have another new obsession: my World Cuisine 4-Blade 5-Cut Spiralizer Pro. My prediction that it would change my life has come true. All I dream about now, all day long, is spiralizing vegetables. It's a tad embarrassing.
Before this incredible machine showed up at my doorstep (thank you, Amazon!) I used a julienne peeler to create healthy veggie noodles. It worked great for zucchini, pretty good for carrots, but not at all for sweet potatoes. I was coveting the long spiral-y noodles I saw around the internet, not the short little stumps I got from my julienne peeler.
Thank you for changing my life, World Cuisine!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Veggie Noodle Recipes
- Spicy Sesame Chicken Zoodles
- Banh Mi Noodle Bowls
- Vegetable Asian Stir Fry Noodles
- Thai Chicken Curry Meatballs with Carrot Noodles
- Carrot Noodle Pad Thai
Sweet Potato Noodles with Sriracha Cilantro Cashew ‘Cream' Sauce
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
Sriracha Cilantro Cashew Cream
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- ¼ cup cilantro, packed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, or substitute Parmesan cheese, for a non-vegan meal
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, or sub apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten-free if needed
- Sea salt, to taste
Sweet Potato Noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 lb total spiralized into noodles (this is the spiralizer we have)
- 8 ounces spinach leaves
- Toasted cashews and cilantro, to serve
- Place the cashew cream sauce ingredients in a blender, along with 1 ½ cups of water, and blend on high until it is very smooth.1 ½ cups raw cashews, ¼ cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, Sea salt
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes, or until they start to blister.2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Add the sweet potato noodles a ½ cup of water, and cover the pan. Continue to cook, stirring a couple of times, for 5 minutes. Add the spinach to the pan, cover, and keep the pan on the heat for 1 minute more so the spinach wilts.4 medium sweet potatoes, 8 ounces spinach leaves
- Stir the cream sauce through the noodles and top with some toasted cashews and cilantro.Toasted cashews and cilantro