Prosciutto, Blue Cheese and Candied Pecan Panini
I know what you're thinking, “what kind of fool thinks of putting candied nuts on a sandwich?” A fool who is much brighter than myself.
Chef Adrien at Notturno Paninoteca is the genius behind this flavor-packed and easy to make sandwich. If you are in Gastown and have the chance, pop in to see him and owner Scott McTavish and try out one (or more!) of their amazing paninis. If you're not lucky enough to live nearby, here's my version of their Blu Fico Panino.
This sandwich is loaded with flavor. Sweet fig and balsamic jam, salty black olive aioli, pungent blue cheese, and nutty candied pecans. I've added prosciutto, which isn't on the original. But who doesn't love prosciutto, right? All of this goodness is sandwiched inside a fresh baguette.
- Bacon, Caramelized Onion and Chipotle Aioli Sandwich
Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwich with Sriracha Butter
- Roast Beef Sandwich with Radishes and Spicy Wasabi
- Chipotle and Orange Pulled Chicken with a Southwest Slaw
- Prosciutto, Blue Cheese and Candied Pecan Panini
- Oyster Po’boy with Sweet Onion Relish, Chipotle Aioli and a Side of Sesame Slaw
This decadent panini is made with salty prosciutto, ripe blue cheese and sweet candied pecans. It's one flavour packed sandwich!
- Fig and balsamic jam
- Aioli or good quality mayonnaise mixed with finely chopped black olives
- Blue cheese
- Candied pecans
- I’ve left out the quantities because they’re really not important. Add more of what you like, less of what you don’t, or a whole pile of everything. I topped by baguette with lots of everything, and it was delicious!