Peanut Butter Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
These peanut butter raisin oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips, oatmeal, coconut, peanut butter, raisins, and toasted walnuts. They are easy to make and delicious.
Peanut Butter Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
When you need a cookie that is loaded with all the goodness of peanut butter and sugar, these cookies are here for you! They're thick and chewy and full of oats, coconut, walnuts, raisins, and chocolate chips.
They're like your favorite oatmeal raisin cookie and a soft peanut butter cookie all in one. It doesn't get much better than this.
These peanut butter raisin oatmeal cookies are best friends with a tall glass of cold milk or a hot cup of coffee. So grab your favorite drink and plate of cookies and treat yourself!
Butter – We always choose salted for the best flavor.
Sugars – The combination of light brown sugar and granulated sugar creates cookies that are soft and taste great.
Eggs – For the best cookies, make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract tastes much better than artificial!
Peanut butter – We use all-natural, creamy, salted peanut butter.
Flour – All-purpose flour works best in this recipe. We haven't tried it with gluten-free flour, but a 1-1 blend should work. If you try it, let us know in the comments!
Baking soda – Helps the cookies rise.
Sea salt – If you only have table salt, reduce the amount to ¼ teaspoon.
Oats – We prefer old-fashioned rolled oats, but quick oats will work, too.
Walnuts – We toast the nuts in the oven for about 7 minutes before chopping them as it gives them the best flavor. You can substitute pecans or even peanuts!
Raisins – Dried cranberries make a great substitute.
Coconut – We like to use unsweetened coconut and toast it in the oven for the most flavor.
Chocolate chips – Chocolate chunks, or a mix of chips and chunks, is also delicious!
Popular cookie recipes
- Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Melt in Your Mouth Shortbread Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Homemade Oreo Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter, preferably all-natural
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large-sized bowl beat the butter, sugar and peanut butter for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in vanilla.1 cup salted butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, ½ cup granulated sugar, 3 large eggs, 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract, ½ cup peanut butter
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated (the batter will be sticky). Stir in the nuts, raisins, coconut, and chocolate chips.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 2 cups rolled oats, 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup raisins, 1 cup unsweetened coconut, 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes. The longer you bake the cookies the more crisp they will be.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Store completely cooled cookies in a sealed container.