Olive Salsa with Mixed Spanish Olives
This olive salsa is made with our favorite Spanish olives. Manzanilla, Hojiblanca, and Gordal Olives from Spain are mixed with some crisp white onions, red bell peppers, and sweet cherry tomatoes. It's delicious served as a dip with your favorite crackers or spooned over the top of baked chicken or fish.
What is Olive Salsa with Mixed Spanish Olives?
I'm glad you asked! What might sound a little strange, is actually an amazingly delicious snack, appetizer, or side dish.
Our three favorite Spanish olives (Gordal, Hojiblanca, and Manzanilla Olives from Spain) are mixed together with some crunchy red pepper and white onion, little sweet cherry tomatoes, and some oregano.
It's a simple yet magical combination.
Why choose Olives from Spain
Olives from Spain are my all-time favorite. I cook with them often, and snack on them even more. They are versatile, easy to cook with, and loved by people of all ages.
Even my little 3-year-old loves them. Her favorite is the buttery tasting, black Hojiblanca Olives from Spain. She snuck so many from the bowl as I was creating this recipe that I worried I might run out of them!
Thank goodness they are so healthy. They are low in calories and high in antioxidants, including Vitamin E. Considering one out of every 2 olives eaten in Canada is from Spain, we must be a really healthy bunch!
For this recipe, I've mixed together my daughter's favorite with big, plump Gordal and pimiento-stuffed Manzanilla Olives from Spain. The combination of those three is amazing!
How to make this olive salsa recipe
This recipe is amazingly easy to make. Try to keep the Olives from Spain, the red pepper, and cherry tomatoes about the same size. The white onion can be minced small as larger chunks can be overwhelming.
- Chop the ingredients.
- Mix them together.
You are only 2 easy steps away from digging into this delicious recipe!
How to serve olive salsa
This salsa recipe is not only healthy it's super versatile. We love it:
As an appetizer
- Scooped up with crackers.
- Stuffed into endive boats.
- Piled on top of baked brie.
As part of the main course
- On top of baked cod.
- Piled on pan-seared chicken breast.
- Mixed into rice or quinoa.
Make sure to check out these other recipes using Olives from Spain
- Easy Marinates Olives
- Stuffed Spanish Pork Chops
- Seared Tuna with Spanish Manzanilla Olive Tapenade
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Olive Dip
- Spanish Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Healthy Dip Recipes
- White Bean Dip with Hojiblanca Olives from Spain
- Roasted Caramelized Onion Dip
- Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
- Skinny Chili Cheese Dip
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip
- Pesto Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips
- ½ cup pimiento stuffed Manzanilla Olives from Spain, chopped
- ½ cup pitted Gordal Olives from Spain, chopped
- ½ cup pitted Hojiblanca Olives from Spain, chopped
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. That's all!