This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you're looking for meatballs that will rock your world, these Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs are it. They're full of delicious Asian flavors, crazy tender and super easy to make. You're going to LOVE them!
Yippee. Hip hip hooray. Omgee I'm loving today! Why? Well, let me tell you, my friend. I'm super excited about today because today is the day I get to share these crazy delish flavor bites (aka Vietnamese Meatballs) with you.
Sharing recipes with my online BFFs is seriously the best. Fist bump.
I've been doing a bunch of banh mi recipe testing around here lately. (It's tough, tough work. Juuuust joking!) In the search of the perfect banh mi fusion everything, I came up with these Vietnamese Meatballs.
The flavor is totally amazeballs, they're super tender AND you can be eating a whole batch in 30 minutes flat. Oh ya, and they also happen to be naturally gluten-free and paleo. What are you waiting for?
What makes these Vietnamese Meatballs so awesome?
- The flavor. Seriously. Think lemongrass, onions, garlic, and ginger whizzed around in your food processor until they're a paste. Flavor town.
- Fish sauce. Yes, this belongs in the awesome category. It's stinkier than the month-old leftovers you forgot about in the back of your fridge but for some reason it makes everything taste better. Weird and awesome.
- They're flexible! I love them made with ground pork, but beef and chicken are great, too.
- Pan-frying these babies keeps them super tender.
- They're perfect little balls of deliciousness. Cooking them in a frying pan (rather than baking them) prevents them from having flat spots and makes sure they brown all over.
- You can eat them with … everything! Well, almost everything. Think sandwiches, pizza, noodles, nachos, tacos, fries, lettuce wraps, ramen, as an appy. Let your mind go wild with possibility.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Meatball Recipes:
- Sweet Hoisin Meatballs
- Thai Chicken Curry Meatballs with Carrot Noodles
- The Best Ever Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Indian Meatball Curry
- ¼ cup EACH: minced onion and cilantro
- 2 tablespoons EACH: brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 stalks lemongrass (white part only)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 lb ground pork (beef or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cilantro (for serving)
- Place the onion, cilantro, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, lemongrass stalks, garlic, and ginger into your food processor and process on high until smooth and almost paste-like.¼ cup EACH: minced onion and cilantro, 2 tablespoons EACH: brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sriracha, 3 stalks lemongrass, 3 cloves garlic, 2 inch piece of ginger
- Add the ground pork to a large bowl, pour in the lemongrass paste, and mix everything together.1 lb ground pork
- Form the meat into 20 meatballs and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook them, turning a few times, until they are well-browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.1 tablespoon oil
- Serve the meatballs with some cilantro over top.Cilantro
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.