This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Brown Butter Vinaigrette has a rich and nutty flavor and is perfect for all your special fall salads.
Brown butter vinaigrette is easy to make and absolutely delicious. Its warm flavor goes especially well with fall and winter salad recipes.
Why we love brown butter vinaigrette
- Nutty-flavored brown butter dressing tastes like a special treat.
- The flavor goes well with all your fall-influenced salads
- A mix of balsamic and apple cider vinegar provides the ideal balance.
- A little maple syrup for a touch of sweetness.
- Also delicious drizzled over green beans, asparagus, or even roasted pork.
3 ways to serve this brown butter dressing
- Arugula + roasted sweet potatoes + pecans + goat cheese
- Kale + roasted beets + candied walnuts
- Spinach + mandarin oranges + spicy cashews
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes
- Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Sesame Orange Vinaigrette
- Creamy Sunflower Seed Salad Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Avocado Pesto Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup avocado oil (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over high heat. Once it begins to foam, stir it and watch it carefully, it will brown in 1-2 minutes. Stir the butter a few times to ensure it browns evenly. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the avocado oil to the pan then and set it aside for the butter to cool slightly.¼ cup salted butter, ¼ cup avocado oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard. Slowly drizzle in the brown butter and oil, whisking the entire time. Once all the oil and butter have been added, whisk the dressing quickly for several seconds so it becomes creamy.1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- Store the dressing at room temperature until you are ready to use it.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.