Healthy Almond Joy Stuffed Dates
Almond Joy Stuffed Dates are the ultimate healthy treat. The dates are stuffed with coconut then dipped in chocolate and topped with an almond and a sprinkle of sea salt.
I've made us some Almond Joy Stuffed Dates, my friends! These bite-sized bites of delicious magic are everything you've ever dreamed of for a sweet snack/ dessert/ mid-afternoon pick me up.
Think everything you love about an Almond Joy Bar and then imagine it's a Healthy Almond Joy Bar. I know, it hardly even makes sense. I've taken the all things sugar candy bar and made it all things healthy. But don't worry, these little bites are as delicious as the original.
Almond Joy Stuffed Dates:
- Sweet dates are stuffed with shredded coconut then dipped in chocolate.
- Paleo almond joy (and vegan almond joy) are sweet, magic, sugar-free snacks.
- Coconut + chocolate because there is no better combination.
- The crunchy almond brings it all together.
- Make lots. You'll want to share the love so you'll need a big batch.
Healthy Almond Joy
I know that calling a dessert recipe healthy isn't the best way to sell it. In my mind, dessert = sinfully delicious and who cares if it's healthy. Are you the same?
But sometimes all the stars align and we can have both. Case in point: Almond Joy Stuffed Dates.
Please please please make these Almond Joy vegan + paleo + crazy delicious dessert loves of my life. I promise you'll fall hard for them. ♡♡♡
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Healthy Dessert Recipes:
- Vanilla Cashew Butter Cups
- Magic Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls
- Flourless Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Trail Mix Protein Bites
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls
- Healthy Cranberry Coffee Cake
- Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie
Coconut Almond Joy Dates
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- ½ cup unsweetened fine shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup for vegan
- 30 pitted dates
- ½ cup high-quality chopped dark chocolate, see notes
- Optional: 1 tablespoon coconut oil, only use this if you don't have high-quality chocolate
- 30 almonds
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded coconut with the coconut oil and honey or maple syrup.½ cup unsweetened fine shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon honey
- Carefully open one date. You don't want to pull the date completely apart. Stuff the date with some of the shredded coconut then squeeze it closed. Repeat with the remaining dates.30 pitted dates
- Place the chocolate in a small pan over low heat and let it melt. Don't rush this step as you don't want to burn the chocolate. If you're using chocolate chips, add the coconut oil to the pan. When the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat.½ cup high-quality chopped dark chocolate, Optional: 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Working with one stuffed date at a time, dip the date in the chocolate. You can use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the date. Set the date on a parchment lined plate and put an almond on top. Repeat with the remaining dates. Let the chocolate set a little then sprinkle some flaky sea salt over top.30 almonds