Strawberry Banana Bread
This warm and delicious strawberry banana bread is made with fresh, juicy strawberries, sweet bananas, and white chocolate chips. It's a quick bread recipe your family will love!
Why you'll love strawberry banana bread
If you and your family love deliciously warm and moist banana bread, this recipe is for you! It's perfectly sweet and super soft with lots of tasty bites of strawberries. We add white chocolate chips to ours as they pair perfectly with the strawberries and make this freshly baked banana bread an extra special treat.
With the sweet smell of fresh out of the oven banana bread wafting through your kitchen, expect your family, friends, roommate, (maybe even neighbor?) to come running.
And while you're going to love the amazing flavor and the praise you're about to get when you (if you?) share a slice of this banana and strawberry bread, you'll also love that it's super quick and easy to make and is a no mixer quick bread!
How to make this strawberry banana bread recipe
Banana bread is a quick bread that is incredibly simple to make – it's one of the many things we all love so much about it. This strawberry version is every bit as easy to make as the classic recipe.
- Start by tossing the strawberries in a little flour. This helps hold them in the batter AND prevents the bread from getting soggy around the strawberries.
- Next, you'll whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients then add the flour coated strawberries and white chocolate chips.
- Now the only thing left to do is pour the batter into a loaf pan and put it into your oven.
The full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Ingredients in strawberry and banana bread
Strawberries – We use fresh, sliced strawberries.
All-purpose flour – You can also use cake flour. Using whole wheat flour will create heavy and dense banana bread, which is likely not what you want.
Sugars – We use granulated and brown sugar. For a refined sugar-free option, use coconut sugar.
Baking soda – This is what makes the banana bread rise.
Salt – This brings out the flavor of the other ingredients.
Bananas – The more ripe the bananas the sweeter your banana bread will be.
Eggs – We use large eggs. For the best results, let the eggs warm to room temperature before using them.
Vegetable oil – Make sure not to use olive oil as the flavor is too strong for this recipe. You can also substitute melted butter.
Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract has the best flavor.
White chocolate chips – Strawberries and white chocolate are made for each other, but you can also use regular chocolate chips.
Variations to try
- Use dark chocolate chips.
- Or omit the chocolate.
- Add some chopped nuts – macadamia nuts are wonderful with strawberries and white chocolate!
- Use raspberries, blueberries, or a mix of different seasonal berries.
- Drizzle the top with a glaze made of powdered sugar mixed with water, cream, or lemon juice.
Frequently Asked Questions: Strawberry Banana Bread
Frozen strawberries release A LOT of water as they thaw, and you don't want them to make your banana bread soggy. For the best results, thaw the strawberries first then drain the liquid and dry them with paper towels before tossing them in flour.
Once the strawberry banana bread is completely cool, you can store it in an airtight container on your counter. It's best eaten within four days. While it will be safe to eat for a few extra days, it will start to become dry. Never store your banana bread in the fridge as it will cause it to become dry faster.
Yes! Banana bread freezes very well. To freeze banana bread without using plastic, wrap it first in parchment paper then a second time in aluminum foil. This method will keep the banana bread freezer burn-free for 3-4 months. To thaw, simply take the banana bread out of the freezer and let it rest on your counter for a few hours.
Love strawberry recipes? Try these!
- The Best Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Extra Flaky Crust
- Medieval Strawberry Tart
- Strawberry Rhubard Chia Jam
- Strawberry Basil Mojito
Popular baking recipes
- Triple Berry Paleo Banana Bread
- Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthier Carrot Muffins
- Best Zucchini Brownies
- Cranberry Coffee Cake
Strawberry Banana Bread
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon for the strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 5"x9" loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. Toss the sliced strawberries in 1 tablespoon of flour.2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, both sugars, baking soda, and salt.2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla and whisk well.3 large ripe bananas, 2 large eggs, ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold the batter using a rubber spatula. When only a few streaks of flour remain, add the strawberries and white chocolate chips. Do not overmix the batter.1 cup white chocolate chips
- Pour the strawberry banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with a few strawberries, and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until the top is light brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, tent it loosely with foil. Let the banana bread cool completely before removing it from the pan.
If you love banana bread as much as we do, make sure to check out all of our banana bread recipes!