These peach pancakes are fruity and full of sweet peach flavor. We fold in juicy summer peaches and white chocolate chips and serve them with a homemade maple peach compote. They're simple to make and ready in just 35 minutes!
Make the most of peach season with some of our favorite peach recipes like summer peach salsa, amaretto peach cobbler, and grilled peach salad with curry pecans and honey vinaigrette.
We look forward to making this peach pancake recipe all year. We wait patiently until summer when fresh, ripe peaches are in season. Then we buy as many as we think we can possibly eat, and make sure to save a few for these peach pancakes. It's our absolute favorite summer breakfast!
They're simple to make and we start with a basic pancake recipe. Then we fold in fresh juicy peaches and white chocolate chips. We cook them in a pan until golden and serve them with a homemade maple peach compote for an extra dose of sweet peach flavor!
What's in peach pancakes?
Here's everything you'll need to make peach pancakes:
- Flour – a regular all-purpose flour is what we use.
- Sugar – granulated sugar or fine cane sugar are ideal for mixing evenly into the batter.
- Baking powder – to give these pancakes a nice rise.
- Milk – plain, unsweetened milk makes the base of the wet ingredients. You can also use dairy-free milk.
- Melted butter – butter adds a wonderful rich flavor to these pancakes.
- Peaches – look for fresh, ripe, juicy peaches.
- White chocolate chips – for a little something extra sweet that compliments the peach flavor.
- Peach compote, fresh peaches, and maple syrup – for serving
How to make peach pancakes
It's easy to make peach pancakes by following a few simple steps:
- Start with the dry ingredients. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and melted butter.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients being careful not to over-mix the batter. Fold in the peaches and white chocolate chips.
- Now heat up your pan or griddle and melt about ½ tablespoon of butter. Pour some pancake batter into the pan to cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes (or until they start to bubble at the top). Flip the pancake over and cook for another minute more.
- Keep the pancakes warm on an oven-safe plate or baking sheet in a warm oven while you cook the remaining pancakes. Serve them topped with maple syrup, fresh sliced peaches, and peach compote.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
To make these pancakes extra special, serve them with our quick maple peach compote. It's the sweet peaches you see on top of the pancakes in the pictures, and it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Tips for making the best peach pancakes
- For fluffy, tender pancakes, avoid over-mixing the batter. Stop stirring when only a few streaks of flour remain.
- You'll know the pancakes are ready to flip when they become dry at the edges and the top is covered in little air bubbles (about 3 minutes).
- If you cook pancakes one at a time, it will take you a long time before you're eating breakfast. To speed things up, use at least two pans at a time. We usually cook four pancakes at a time, using one pan on each element on our stove. If you have a griddle, this is the time to use it!
Store peach pancakes in a sealed container in the fridge, just like you would any other pancakes.
These peach pancakes will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. The juiciness of the peaches may make them a bit soggy when reheated, but they still taste delicious!
Unfortunately no, they will be too juicy for the batter and result in soggy pancakes.
To make this recipe dairy-free, swap the milk and butter for your favorite dairy-free alternative.
Definitely! Just be sure it's well-seasoned so it has a non-stick cooking surface.
What to serve with peach pancakes
Enjoy these peach pancakes as a delicious breakfast on their own with a summery raspberry mimosa.
Popular pancake recipes
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup diced peaches
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, optional
- Peach compote, fresh peaches, and maple syrup, for serving
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and butter.1 large egg, 1 ½ cups milk, ¼ cup melted butter
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. When only a few streaks of flour remain, fold in the peaches and white chocolate chips.1 cup diced peaches, ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat (see notes) and add about a ½ tablespoon of butter. Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter into the pan and let the pancake cook until it's dry at the edges and the top is covered in little air bubbles, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancake over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Keep the pancakes warm in a 200-degree Fahrenheit oven while you cook the remaining pancakes. Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup, fresh sliced peaches, and peach compote.