So I’ve been doing this gluten free thing for a little while. A very little while. Like, a couple of weeks. I was
kind of really really hoping that I wouldn’t feel any different, but I do. I’m definitely not swearing off gluten forever. I mean, how am I supposed to pig out on homemade ravioli or eat the best pizza ever if I don’t eat gluten?
Anyway, I’ve been experimenting with new ways of preparing some of my favourite things. Stay tuned for a few more gluten free recipes to show up here.
So I was at my man’s family’s house for Easter dinner and got to stuff myself with some of the best vegan desserts ever. His sister is vegan, an amazing photographer (you should check out her work here) and a kick ass baker. She made these Coconut Macaroon Thumbprints with Raspberry Chia Seed Jam from Oh She Glows and sent me home with a container full of the jam. Pretty darn awesome, right?
These macaroons are quite different from the original recipe. They’re very light and soft and full of coconut flavour. The original ones (which are so insanely tasty) are a lot more dense and rich. Both are delicious.
If you make these Gluten Free Macaroons with Raspberry Chia Seed Jam make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 batch of Raspberry Chia Seed Jam (half or quarter the recipe if you want; you will have lots of leftovers)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, corn starch and salt in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Cook, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the coconut mixture into 16 mounds on the prepared baking tray. The mixture with be wet and won't stick together. Create a small indent in the top of each mound so they look like little nests.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Remove from the baking tray using an off set spatula. Top each with a spoonful of jam.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad with Chipotle Mint Dressing - May 5, 2016
- Blog Income Report – April 2016 - May 1, 2016
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas - April 29, 2016