This post is sponsored by GE Appliances: the people who make awesome appliances. The opinions in this post are all mine.
Who here loves a super tasty dinner that basically makes itself in under 20 minutes aaaaand is healthy too?
I’m picturing a sea of hands held high with everyone yelling, “I do I do!” At least that’s what it looks like from this end of my computer. I’ll step away from typing, err eating, for a minute to raise my hand and show my appreciation for quick, healthy, tasty meals.
So when I was asked if I wanted to accept the offer from GE Appliances to do this sponsored post I naturally went online to check out some of their new products. Guys, I’m having some serious appliance envy right now. I also want to tear out my kitchen and start fresh with some of the coolest appliances on the market.
Check this one out: The Hand-Free Auto Fill Refrigerator … it’s a fridge that’ll pour a glass of water for you. Perfect for, you know, when you need to multitask. Is that not amazing! I’m picturing it being like having a butler around pouring water for me on demand. #mustbuy
There’s also this Double Oven Range-Tri Ring Burner which will give you full control to perfectly cook your food. I need this!
And my personal favourite of the bunch: The Dishwasher with 102 jet wash system. It’s their slogan that got me, “We know the only thing worse than prewashing is rewashing” Yes. Yes. Yes!! I never use my dishwasher because I refuse to prewash and if I don’t then I have to rewash. Worst thing ever. I wonder if it’s too early to ask for an early birthday present. And is it kind of weird or kind of awesome that I want a dishwasher for my birthday?
If you make 20 Minute Lemony Smoked Salmon Pasta, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
So back to this pasta .. this super quick to make and healthy pasta. I used gluten free spaghetti for this but you can use any kind of regular or gluten free pasta you like.
My favourite part of this dish are the tiny bits of lemon that you get every couple bites. It’s like a tiny lemon explosion and it makes my mouth very happy.
This recipe is also super versatile. I’ve made it before with grated carrots and kale and used chorizo instead of smoked salmon. Goat cheese is also wonderful sprinkled on top.
Thank you for reading this post and I hope you enjoy the 20 minute lemony smoked salmon pasta as much as I do!
- 8 ounces spaghetti (gluten free or regular)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 15 ounces cold smoked salmon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, cut into 2-3 pieces each
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 thin slices of lemon, cut into 16 pieces each
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti all at once and let the pot return to a boil. Give it a stir then reduce the heat just a little so that it stays at a boil but does not boil over. Cook according to package directions. Save a cup of the pasta water before you drain the pasta.
- Add the olive oil and the thinly sliced onion to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and starts to brown. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook until a few of them start to burst, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon, peas and artichoke hearts to the pot and warm them through. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to coat well. Add a splash of the reserved cooking liquid if it seems a little dry.
- Serve immediately with extra fresh grated parmesan cheese on the side.
Please note: Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Weeknight dinners should be quick and easy for any busy family. GE Appliances can help streamline the kitchen process with their hands-free auto-fill refrigerator, their double oven range, to their 102 jet wash system dishwasher. To see these appliances in action check out GE: Kitchen Reimagined. For more tips on weeknight dinners head over to FoodNetwork Weeknight Kitchen page for recipes, tips, and much more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of GE Appliances. The opinions and text are all mine.