I know that claiming that this is the best stuffing recipe ever is quite a gigantic claim, but it’s 100% true. Seriously, it’s the best.
At Thanksgiving this year, a very handsome man, who I am rather fond of, made me a turkey dinner for two. And this stuffing. This crazy, delicious, best stuffing ever. It was so good that the following evening when I made a Thanksgiving dinner at The Supper Club, I scrapped the stuffing I was going to make and made this instead.
If you’re making stuffing to go with your Christmas dinner this year, I beg you to make this one. It really is the best stuffing recipe ever
Also … does anyone not make stuffing to go with their Thanksgiving or Christmas turkeys? That thought has me a little worried.
Make sure to follow The Endless Meal!
- 4 cups white bread, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of dried apricots, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of walnut halves
- ½ cup of pine nuts (or add more walnuts)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- Lay bread cubes on 2 large baking sheets and set aside for 2 days. Gently toss after the first day to make sure they are drying evenly.
- To speed up the drying process, put the bread cubes on baking sheets in your oven at the lowest temp. This will take about an hour. Watch them closely though, you don't want to make toast!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. That's it, seriously!
- Either stuff the cavity of the turkey before you roast it in your oven. Remember that a stuffed turkey will take a little longer to cook.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place stuffing in a lightly greased oven-proof dish and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the bread is soft and the veggies are cooked. It is good if the vegetables still have a little crunch.
Want some other great side dishes for your holiday meal? Check out:
Candied Mandarine Oranges with Cranberries (a really pretty and tasty cranberry sauce)