In this healthy, vegan recipe zucchini pasta is coated in kale pesto and topped with salty pistachios and crunchy pomegranates. It’s simple and so delicious.
- 4 zucchinis, about 12 inches long each, julienned with a ]julienne peeler or a mandolin (discard the seedy middle part. (this is the spiralizer I have)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
For the pesto:
- Leaves from 3 stalks of kale (if you have a high powered blender you can use the whole stalks)
- ⅓ cup basil
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice, from about 1 ½ lemons
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, or sub nutritional yeast to keep it vegan
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the sea salt and leave them in a large bowl for 15 minutes.
- While the zucchini sits with the salt prepare the pesto. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until it is very smooth. If you would like hot pasta place the pesto in a pot and add a splash of water. Heat it over medium heat until it is hot.
- After 15 minutes rinse the zucchini under hot running water to remove the salt. Ring it out by gently squeezing handfuls of the noodles. Toss the noodles with the pesto, pistachios and pomegranate.
- Eat up your veggies!