Whole roasted cauliflower not only looks gorgeous, but it also tastes amazing, too. This one is covered in Asian flavors and roasted until it is very dark and tasty.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon brown miso paste (see note)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- For garnish: sliced green onions, toasted white and black sesame seeds, sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the leaves and stem off the cauliflower so that it sits flat.
- In a small bowl mix the sesame and grape seed oils, the miso paste, Chinese chili garlic sauce, and the ginger. Using your hands, rub the mix over the cauliflower, making sure you get it everywhere, even the bottom.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 44-50 minutes, or until it is soft and brown. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and season with sea salt. Sprinkle the green onions and toasted sesame seeds over before serving.
I’ve categorized this recipe as gluten-free, even though not all miso paste is gluten-free. If you are celiac, make sure you read the label to see if the brand of miso you’re buying is gluten-free.