This delicious Watermelon margarita is the best thing this summer. Fresh watermelon juice (made in your blender!) is mixed with tequila, lime juice, jalapeño if you’re feeling daring, and honey simple syrup for the best margarita ever. Make one for yourself or a pitcher to share with friends!
- 2 cups watermelon chunks = 1 cup watermelon juice
- Optional: 1 japaleoño pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice (freshly squeezed, please!)
- 1/2 cup honey simple syrup
- Salt, to rim the glasses
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Put the watermelon, and the jalapeño, if using, into your blender and blend on high for a a few seconds.
- Whisk the honey and water together to make honey simple syrup.
- Combine the watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, and honey simple syrup in a glass jar filled with ice and stir until the margarita is cold.
- Wet the edges of 4 glasses with lime then rim them with salt and pour in your watermelon margarita!
This recipe is very easy to scale up or down. Here’s what you need to know:
- 1 cup of watermelon chunks will make 1/2 cup of watermelon juice
- Honey simple syrup is made with 1 part honey and 2 parts water. For example, 1 cup of honey and 2 cups of water.
- This watermelon margarita is made with 2 parts watermelon juice, 2 parts tequila, 1 part lime juice, and one part honey simple syrup. For example, 2-ounces watermelon juice, 2-ounces tequila, 1-ounce lime juice, and 1-ounce honey simple syrup.