Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream is easy to make and INSANELY delicious. It’s made with only 3 ingredients (no refined sugar!) and you probably have them all in your pantry right now. What are you waiting for?
- 3 – 15-ounce cans of additive-free coconut milk (use the highest fat coconut milk you can find. The higher the fat the more creamy the ice cream. Remember that low-fat coconut milk will result in an icy texture.)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Optional: flaked or shredded coconut, to serve (toasted, if you’d like)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized pot and heat over medium-low heat until sugar has completely dissolved. (Do not bring to a boil)
- Put the pot in your fridge to cool. Once it is completely cold, process it according to your ice cream maker’s directions. (See the blog post for making this without an ice cream maker.)
- Either serve immediately (my favorite!) or scoop the ice cream into a container and cover with a piece of parchment paper directly on the ice cream to help prevent any ice crystals from forming.
- Store in your freezer. Allow the ice cream to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.