Vanilla Cashew Butter Cups for the big-time healthy dessert win! This delicious (and easy to make!) spin-off of peanut butter cups are as decadent as the original but made with only 5 ingredients and they’re all good for you.
- 7 ounces chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips (see notes)
- 1 cup cashew butter (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- A pinch of sea salt
- Flaky sea salt, for the tops
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin or a 24 cup mini muffin tin with liners.
- Place 2/3rds of the chocolate in a pan over low heat. Once it is glossy and looks mostly melted remove it from the heat and add the remaining chocolate. Stir a few times while the residual heat melts the chocolate you just added.
- Working one at a time, add slightly less than a tablespoon of the melted chocolate to one of the cupcake liners. Tip it on its side and rotate it so that the chocolate comes 1/3 of the way up the side of the liner. Repeat until all the liners have a chocolate coating then place them in your fridge to harden.
- Add the cashew butter, honey, vanilla, and salt to a medium-sized bowl and gently fold them together. Once the chocolate cups have hardened, divide the cashew butter between the cups. Use your finger to press it down into the cups.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the tops of the cashew butter cups then pop them back into your fridge to harden.
- Make sure to sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top to make them totally irresistible!
If you follow a paleo or vegan diet, make sure to read the label on the chocolate to make sure it’s ok for you to eat.
If you have a microwave you can use it to melt the chocolate. 20-30 seconds should do the trick.
Cashew butter can be pricey. You can make your own with a food processor or high powered blender and about 10 minutes of your time. You’ll need 2 cups of raw cashews plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to make 1 cup of cashew butter.