Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal is a quick, healthy, and delicious vegan + gluten free breakfast. It’s made with coconut milk and topped with tropical fruit. You will LOVE how light and summery this porridge is!
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 orange
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, extra coconut milk, coconut or brown sugar
- Add the oats, coconut milk and 2-3 cups of water to a small pot over high heat. (See notes about water.) Bring the pot to a boil, stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft.
- While the coconut oatmeal is cooking, slice the top and the bottom off the orange. Place the orange on your cutting board and cut off the rind then slice it into circles.
- Top the coconut oatmeal with the orange slices, mango, banana and any or all of the optional toppings.
- Happy breakfast!
The amount of water you add will depend on how thick or thin you like your oatmeal. The oatmeal in the pictures has had 2 cups of water added to it and is quite thick. If you’re not sure, start with 2 cups and add more at the end of cooking if you would like it thinner.