Take your BBQ game up a notch with these delicious Tropical Lime Hot Dogs! Piled high with a crunchy slaw and topped with mango, avocado, and a sweet and spicy mayo, these hot dogs with a twist are a delicious dinner recipe.
- 6 smokies (vegan or gluten-free, if needed)
- 6 hot dog buns (gluten-free if needed. Omit for paleo)
- 1 bag of premade salad mix. (Look for something tropical!)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
Sweet and Spicy Mayo:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (vegan or paleo, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Crisscross slice the tops of the smokies. Grill the smokies until cooked through and crispy where you sliced them. Optional: grill the buns for a few minutes.
- While the smokies are grilling, prepare the rest of the meal. In a small bowl, stir the Sweet and Spicy Mayo ingredients together.
- Mix the salad and any extras that are in the bag.
- Divide the salad between the hot dog buns, top with a smokie, some mango, avocado, jalapeño, and some mayo.
Vegan option: use vegan smokies, vegan mayo and maple syrup.
Gluten-free option: use GF smokies and buns and omit the crunchy noodles in the salad kit.
Paleo option: use paleo smokies and omit the bun and the crunchy noodles.