Tomato Zoodle Frittata for the big-time healthy breakfast win! This 2 for 1 breakfast recipe can be made for brunch on Sunday morning then you can grab a leftover slice on your way out the door on busy weekday mornings.
| vegetarian + gluten-free paleo + Whole30 |
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small zucchinis, spiralized (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized non-stick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it’s transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini to the pan and let it cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Push the zucchini to the sides of the pan then add the cherry tomatoes to the middle. Cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper. With this many eggs, I like to do this in a blender as it is very quick to get them well whisked.
- Mix the tomatoes and zoodles together in the pan then reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the whisked eggs over the top then cover the pan. Let the frittata cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
If you eat cheese, feel free to add some cubed cheddar or a little goat cheese to the pan before you pour in the eggs.