This Tomato Cream Sauce is the absolute perfect sauce recipe. It is easy to make and the left overs can be frozen.
- 1 cup prawn stock or clam juice
- 1 – 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cream
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except salt to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes, or until sauce has reduced to about 3 cups and the flavour is rich and concentrated.
- Salt generously to taste.
For an extra smooth sauce you can strain it through a fine mesh sieve.