This is my aunt’s recipe and the best Spinach Artichoke Dip I have ever tried. I like to serve it in a garlicky bread bowl. You will LOVE it!
- 1 loaf of unsliced, French bread (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts (NOT marinated)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup real mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top off the loaf of French bread and hollow out the inside, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. When it has melted, add 2 minced cloves of the garlic. Brush the sides and inside of the bread with the garlic butter.
- Chop the artichoke hearts and spinach in a food processor until chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and the remaining clove of minced garlic. Spoon the spinach artichoke dip into the hollowed out loaf of French bread.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through bubbling on the edges. I like to mix the dip around a little when I pull it out of the oven as the top can go a funny color when it bakes.
You may want to buy 2 loaves of French bread if you don’t want your guests tearing the bowl apart.
*To make this Spinach Artichoke Dip gluten-free either sub gluten-free bread for the bread bowl or bake it in an ovenproof dish instead.