These really are the best chocolate chip cookies. They’re soft inside and a little crisp on the edges with big chunks of chocolate and a little sea salt.
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream (or 2 large eggs)
- 2 cups good quality dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- Maldon sea salt (or another good quality, mild flavoured sea salt) for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, both sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the yogurt (or eggs) and blend well. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions, blending until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough into tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets and gently flatten cookies using your fingers. Sprinkle a little Maldon sea salt over each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown and the centers are puffed. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.