This is our favorite BBQ sauce for chicken, It has the perfect balance between sweet and tangy with a little hint of smokiness. It makes chicken taste amazing! It’s also quick to make and easily refined sugar-free.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 1 cup ketchup (refined sugar-free, if needed)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons each: dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and sriracha
- 1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder
- 6 drops liquid smoke
- Whisk the ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Prop the lid over the pot to prevent splatters but do not cover the pot completely.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the bbq sauce to cool before using or storing it.
Primal Kitchen is one brand that makes refined sugar-free ketchup.