These juicy Thai Coconut Mussels are quickly cooked in coconut milk and flavorful Thai spices. Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this delicious recipe. I love to serve some crispy baked fries on the side for a Thai-fusion Moules Frites.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 – 2-inch piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, sliced
- 1 – 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Thai red chilis
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 lbs. mussels, rinsed and beards removed
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, chilis, and lime juice and bring the pot to a boil.
- When the coconut milk is boiling, add the mussels. Cover the pot for 1 minute. After a minute, remove the lid and take out any shells that have opened. Continue to remove the mussels as they open. If any of the mussels are still closed after 6 or 7 minutes, discard them.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked mussels and serve right away.