Thai Chicken Curry Meatballs are served over carrot noodles with coconut satay sauce. They are a crazy delicious and healthy dinner recipe that won’t leave you feeling like you’re missing out. You will LOVE them!
| paleo + dairy-free + Whole30 compliant |
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 – 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon each: soy sauce, fish sauce, and red Thai curry paste (see notes)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Oil, for the pan
The Curry Sauce:
- 1 – 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon each: soy sauce and fish sauce (see notes)
- 1–3 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1/4 cup almond butter
The Carrot Noodles
10 large carrots, cut into strips with a julienne peeler or spiralized
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, and curry paste to a small food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer the paste to a large bowl, add the chicken, and mix well. Divide into 16 meatballs.
- Add a splash of oil and the meatballs to a large frying pan over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides and let them cook through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, add all the curry sauce ingredients to a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- When the pot of water begins to boil, add the carrot noodles. Let them cook for 4-5 minutes, or just until they soften. Drain the pot and divide the noodles between 4 plates. Top with the meatballs and the curry sauce.
For paleo diets, use coco aminos instead of soy sauce.
For Whole30, use coco aminos and compliant fish sauce and Thai curry paste.