These tropical Thai Chicken Burrito Bowls are crazy delicious. They’re layered with coconut cauliflower rice, grilled Thai chicken, pineapple guacamole, cucumber salad, and drizzled with satay sauce. It’s a healthy dinner recipe that is gluten-free + paleo + Whole30 compliant.
The Thai chicken:
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon coco aminos or soy sauce (use coco aminos for paleo or Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
The coconut cauliflower rice:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 can coconut milk, divided
The satay sauce:
- 4 tablespoons peanut or almond butter (use almond for paleo and Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon coco aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (see notes)
- Juice from 1 lime
The cucumber salad
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- A few slices of red onion
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (see notes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The pineapple guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup minced pineapple
- Put the curry paste, coco aminos or soy sauce, oil and lime juice into a medium resealable bag and squish the bag so they mix together. Add the chicken, close the bag, and squish it around a little more until the chicken is coated in the marinade. Set in your fridge while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Process the cauliflower in your food processor so that it resembles rice. You can also grate it if you don’t have a food processor. Place it in a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in 1 cup of the coconut milk. Gently simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour the rest of the can of coconut milk into a small pot over medium-high heat. Add the peanut or almond butter, coco aminos or soy sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice. Simmer until thickened.
- Toss the cucumber and red onion with the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Oil your grill and heat it on high. Add the chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes per side. Cut each chicken thigh into 5-6 pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, mash the avocado with the salt and lime juice. Stir in the pineapple.
- Load your bowl full of coconut cauli rice then top with the grilled Thai chicken, cucumber salad, and pineapple guac and drizzle with the satay sauce. Dig in!
If you’re following The Whole30 Program, make sure you read your labels and use compliant brands. Pay extra attention to the curry paste, fish sauce, and mayonnaise.