Homemade taco seasoning is quick and easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen pantry right now. It’s a perfectly balanced seasoning that is delicious on tacos, burritos, chicken, rice, and more.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sweet or smoked paprika (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cayenne (if you like it spicy)
- Mix the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Store in a jar in your pantry.
Note: there is no salt in this recipe so you will need to add some to the recipe you are cooking.
2 tablespoons of this taco seasoning = 1 packet of taco seasoning.
Using smoked paprika will give you a strong, smoky flavor.