This sweet and sticky pistachio honey chicken is insanely delicious. It’s crispy, crunchy, sweet and finger lickin’ good. It’s also super healthy served alongside some cauliflower (or regular!) rice. You will LOVE it!
For the Pistachio Honey Chicken:
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (I prefer skin on)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup pistachios, ground in your food processor (some chunks are ok)
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and drizzle with the oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat well. Transfer the chicken thighs to the prepared baking sheet, skin side up. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature is 165 degrees. (Note: thighs often have pinkish spots in the meat so using a thermometer is always your best bet.) Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour over the honey and pistachios and toss to coat the chicken well. Place the chicken back onto the baking sheet, turn your oven to broil, and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the tops of the chicken are brown. (See notes)
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the meal. Finely chop the cauliflower using a food processor. Place the chopped cauliflower in a large frying pan with 1/4 cup of water over medium-high heat. Let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve the honey chicken with the cauliflower rice on the side.
* Some ovens only broil at a very high temperature. If this is yours, be very careful not to burn the chicken. Keep the chicken on a low rack and watch it closely.