These Sweet Sauteed Radishes are a beautiful, colourful summer side dish. They are super easy to make and a great way to use up all of your radishes!
- 2 bunches of radishes, about 20 in total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter*
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Twist the leaves off the radishes and wash the radishes well. Thinly slice 3 radishes into rounds and set them aside. Then cut the remaining radishes in half lengthwise. Wash the leaves well, place them in a large bowl and set them aside.
- Heat half the olive oil in a cast iron or non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add half the radishes, cut side down, to the pan. Sauté them for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottoms are brown. Remove them from the pan and place them in the bowl with the radish greens. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and sauté the rest of the radishes.
- Add the butter, honey, white balsamic and sea salt to the same pan you cooked the radishes in and bring it to a boil over high heat. Cook for 1 minute, or until the glaze thickens. Pour the glaze over the sautéed radishes and radish greens and toss well to coat.
- Transfer the sautéed radishes and greens to a serving plate, scatter the thinly sliced radishes around the plate and sprinkle the top with a little extra sea salt. *Flaky sea salt works great to finish this dish.
Please see blog post for notes on how to make this dish for a dinner party
* To make this dish vegan use a vegan butter and maple syrup instead of the honey