These Sweet Potato Noodles are covered in a cashew-based cream sauce and make a quick, easy, and delicious vegan meal. It’s the perfect, healthy weeknight dinner. You will LOVE it!
For the Sriracha Cilantro Cashew Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (or substitute Parmesan cheese, for a non-vegan meal)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- Sea salt, to taste
For the Sweet Potato Noodles:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 lb total) spiralized into noodles (this is the spiralizer I have)
- 1 8-ounce package of spinach leaves, or about 4 big handfuls
- Toasted cashews and cilantro, for garnish
- Place all the cashew cream sauce ingredients in a blender, along with 1 1/2 cups of water, and blend on high until it is very smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes, or until they start to blister.
- Add the sweet potato noodles a 1/2 cup of water, and cover the pan. Continue to cook, stirring a couple of times, for 5 minutes. Add the spinach to the pan, cover, and keep the pan on the heat for 1 minute more so the spinach wilts.
- Stir the cream sauce through the noodles and top with some toasted cashews and cilantro.