This beautiful corn gazpacho is made with fresh, sweet summer corn. It’s a chilled, creamy soup that is 100% dairy-free and so perfect on a hot day.
- 2 lb yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 ears of corn, removed from cob (save a few kernels for garnish)
- 1/4 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Optional: 1/4 jalapeño pepper, (seeded, for texture, not spiciness)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (use good-quality salt here – no boxed salt!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice – from about 1 lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil, cilantro, corn and fresh cracked pepper, to garnish
- Combine the yellow tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle the sea salt over the top and mix well using your hands. Set the bowl aside on your counter for half an hour. (Can be left for up to 4 hours, if needed.)
- Working in batches blend the soup along with the olive oil. I like this soup quite creamy, but if you think you might like it a little chunky blend the soup just a little, taste, and then continue to blend it until it’s perfect for you.
- Stir through the sherry vinegar and lime juice then season to taste with sea salt. This soup can be made up to 3 days in advance. Keep it covered in your fridge until you are ready to serve it.