These easy to make one-pot bourbon baked beans are loaded with sweet apple slices for extra delicious beans. They’re guaranteed to be a HUGE hit!
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 large apples, skin on, one quartered then sliced, one roughly chopped (firm apples such as Ambrosia, Rose, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp work best)
- 1 28 ounce can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/4– 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (depending on the sweetness of your BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons chili powder (be careful as some chili powder can be quite spicy)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: black pepper and mint, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the bacon to a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the bacon begins releasing its fat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion starts to brown, and the bacon is cooked through.
- Add the bourbon to the pot and scrape the bottom to remove any stuck on bits. Add all the remaining ingredients and give the pot a good stir. Cover the pot and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and is bubbly.
- Serve with a sprinkle of black pepper and some chopped mint leaves.