These delicious Sweet and Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are the best ever. Even though they’re baked, not fried, they’re super crispy. They make the perfect party appetizer or even an easy dinner recipe. You will love them!
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Cilantro and sesame seeds, for garnish
For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed. Coco aminos for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss them with the 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, sea salt, and pepper. Place them on the prepared baking tray and put them in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until they are crispy.
- While the chicken wings are baking, make the glaze. Add all the glaze ingredients to a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes, or until the glaze has reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat.
- Once the chicken wings are crispy remove them from the oven and toss them with the glaze. Sprinkle some cilantro and toasted sesame seeds over top and serve immediately.