These easy to make Sweet and Spicy Yam Wedges are covered in smoked paprika and chili spices then baked till tender and delicious. They’re simple side dish recipe everyone will love.
- 2 medium yams, cut into wedges (don’t bother peeling them)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1–2 teaspoons chili powder, depending on how hot you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Mayonnaise, to serve (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the yam wedges on the baking sheet a drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle the smoked paprika, chili powder, sea salt, and black pepper over the yams then use your hands to mix the so that they are well coated with the oil and spices.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, turning once, until they are soft and start to brown on the outside.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 40 minutes, turning once, until brown and crispy on the outside
The mayonnaise in the pictures has a little smoked paprika sprinkled on for color.
Use home made mayo for paleo + Whole30.