This easy to make baked salmon is covered in a sweet and smoky rub and served with juicy roast tomato salsa. It’s a healthy and delicious 30-minute meal!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
For the salad:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 8 cups of lettuce leaves
- Turn your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put 3 cups of the cherry tomatoes and 1/4 cup of the onion in a small baking dish. Drizzle the top with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle over 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Put the tomatoes in the oven, don’t wait for it to heat up, and let them roast for 20 minutes. Quarter the remaining cherry tomatoes and set them aside.
- While the tomatoes are roasting make the salad dressing then prepare the rest the meal. In a small bowl mix together the coconut sugar, Spanish paprika, thyme and cayenne powder.
- Place the salmon on the prepared baking tray and sprinkle the rub evenly over top of each piece. Drizzle the tops with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- When the tomatoes are finished roasting remove them from the oven and turn the heat down to 320. Keep the oven door open for a few seconds to lower the heat. Put the salmon in the oven and let it roast for 10 minutes, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 140 degrees and flakes easily with a fork. Do not over cook the salmon!
- Add the fresh tomatoes, onion, basil and tarragon to the roast tomatoes and mix together well.
- To serve: Spoon the roasted tomato salsa over the salmon with a heap of salad on the side.
For the salad:
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, balsamic and dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Toss the lettuce leaves with the dressing immediately before you serve dinner.